5 REASONS TO SHOP INDIE
- Around 60p of each £1 spent locally goes back into the local economy compared with a measly 5p if you spend it online or out-of-town.
- It feels good: you can talk to local people who often have a great deal of expertise about what you are about to spend your hard-earned cash on.
- Fresher food, better service and great choice of products
- The more indies we have, the more character our city has - who wants to live in a clone town full of sheep who buy what the big chains tell them to?
- It feels right: when you shop indie you are more likely to be able to trace where stuff comes from and it also reduces your carbon footprint.